Auditions & Casting Calls
Merlyn Productions is committed to giving performers of many different ages and levels of experience the opportunity to appear on stage, creating a situation whereby upcoming actors – and even first-timers – can hone and develop their craft working alongside seasoned professionals.
As part of this philosophy, many of our plays are cast via auditions open to the public, and also offer opportunities to work in various departments "behind the scenes".
Updated: May 15, 2023
- There are no auditions currently scheduled. Please check back periodically.
Merlyn Productions does not retain a permanent stage management staff, but seeks one out on a per-show basis: providing regular opportunities to become significantly involved in local live theatre "behind the scenes".
The company welcomes expressions of interest from potential future stage managers at any time.
The typical stage management team consists of:
- STAGE MANAGER (SM) -
- Supervises the cast & crew. In rehearsal: serves as the Director's right-hand, and maintains the prompt-script. In performance: oversees the running of the show, and the calling of light & sound cues from the control booth.
- ASSISTANT STAGE MANAGER (ASM) -
- Provides general assistance to the Stage Manager throughout the production run, and manages the backstage area during performances: supervising curtain pulls, scene shifts, and other onstage technical changes.
Reliability and punctuality are a must. Prior production experience is considered an excellent asset, but not required — the company will train suitable candidates.
Rehearsals begin 4 to 5 weeks prior to show, and are scheduled on 2 or 3 weekday evenings between Monday and Thursday, plus Sunday afternoons.
- The Stage Manager typically attends all studio rehearsals (unless any are to be covered by an ASM).
- The Assistant Stage Manager typically attends only a minimal number of studio rehearsals.
- Both must attend technical rehearsal, dress rehearsal, and all performances.
To express interest in stage managing with Merlyn Productions, e-mail email@example.com. Résumé of past theatre experience, if available, should be forwarded to the same.