Auditions & Casting Calls
Merlyn Productions is committed to giving performers of many different ages and levels of experience the opportunity to appear on stage, creating a situation whereby upcoming actors – and even first-timers – can hone and develop their craft working alongside seasoned professionals.
As part of this philosophy, many of our plays are cast via auditions open to the public, and also offer opportunities to work in various departments "behind the scenes".
- AUDITIONS: PUSS IN BOOTS - 2018 Winnipeg Fringe
Updated: April 19, 2018
PUSS IN BOOTS - 2018 Winnipeg Fringe
Merlyn Productions Theatre Company will re-mount its hit show "PUSS IN BOOTS" at the 2018 Winnipeg Fringe Festival (July 18 to 29). This family-friendly comedy played to packed houses in 2014!
Auditions for ACTORS AND ACTRESSES AGES 10 TO 65+ are being held to fill 10 OR MORE principal and ensemble roles by month's end (character ages as stated):
- BOOTS - Title role (cat), female, age flexible.
THE KING - Male, middle-aged.
- THE QUEEN - Female, middle-aged.
THE OGRE - Male.
- THE MILLER'S SON - Our hero, male, late teens to 20s.
- THE PRINCESS - Our heroine, female, late teens to 20s.
- TOWNSFOLK - 6+ speaking roles, M and F, ages 10 to 65+.
N.B.- The roles of the KING and OGRE have been filled by original returning cast. The ensemble of TOWNSFOLK of all ages appear in various scenes throughout the play.
Please review play description and details at: www.merlyn.biz/shows/1807
- Performers must not be cast in another Winnipeg Fringe production, due to the high potential for schedule conflicts.
- Rehearsing takes place in the Merlyn Productions studios at 63 Albert Street in the Exchange. A small number of rehearsals will be held in May. Two to four regular weekly rehearsals will proceed in June. Rehearsals may be scheduled on Monday to Thursday evenings, and Sunday afternoons. A limited (reasonable) number of conflict days can typically be accomodated, if they are known in advance. Rehearsal requirements for TOWNSFOLK will be somewhat less than for principal cast.
- Performances take place during the Winnipeg Fringe Festival, July 18 to 29. In May, the festival will assign seven (7) show times that are non-negotiable. A variety of afternoon and evening times will be scheduled on both weekdays and weekends. All performers must have the ability to be available for all show times, given more than a month's notice.
Please audition only if you meet the availability requirements.
Appointments will be scheduled for the evenings of April 25 and 26, with callbacks and final casting intended by month's end.
Performers are encouraged to have a prepared monologue (or poem), but may choose to audition purely by cold-reading.
To request an audition appointment, please contact Artistic Director John Chase at firstname.lastname@example.org or 204-415-2714. Résumés and headshots should be forwarded to the same.